#1 Oct. 3, 2016 16:06:19

SteveRogers
Profile   Send e-mail  

FIT foot dragging

I've been with Good Energy since November 2011 and been prepared, so far, to put up with the 2 month delay in payment. Here's what they said when I questioned the delay:

“When you provide us with a FiT meter reading, we submit this to Ofgem to claim payment, and once we have received the money we make the payments to our customers. This takes approximately 8 weeks.

Some of the larger energy providers are able to pay their customers first, and then claim back the money from Ofgem, so the payments reach their customers quicker. We do not have the resources to be able to do this, however you should still receive a regular payment each quarter as long as you submit your readings to us.”

I have had a recent problem with them requiring an independent reading on an annual basis. They use Lowri Beck for this and last week I waited in for 4 hours for them to not turn up for an appointment. This is following their unscheduled initial call when we were at home but presumably they couldn't be bothered to ring the bell which was working. In the end they turned up on Saturday morning and, fortunately, we were at home as I wasn't prepared to schedule another 4 hour appointment slot. Anyone else had a problem with Lowri Beck?

Also, when Good Energy reduced their unit supply prices (but increased their standing charge) a year back our bill went up as we are a “low user” (result of using our own solar power). “normal” users got a price reduction. Surely, Good Energy should give an incentive to use less electricity. I was not impressed by the waffley reply I got when I complained.

So, I am thinking of moving away from Good Energy …

Steve
URN 215

#2 Oct. 14, 2016 10:40:27

bhommels
Profile   Send e-mail  

FIT foot dragging

Hi Steve, sorry to hear about the struggle.
In case you want to move away, I can give you my 2 pence on Ecotricity. Same delay in FIT payments (which is nice as the fat cheque from the summer generation arrives near December when it is most needed). No unannounced meter reading calls though, sending a picture was good enough. Friendly customer service people guiding me through the process of migrating my FiT.
For me, the main reason to go with them is that they are not merely an energy broker/middleman, instead Ecotricity run their own generation plants such as turbines, solar farms, green gas plants etc. I believe they are unique in this amongst the green crowd, perhaps I am naive though.

#3 Oct. 20, 2016 16:46:08

pnews99@hotmail.co.uk
Profile   Send e-mail  

FIT foot dragging

i use flow energy and fit payments are within 21 days every time, they also have several schemes for low cost chp domestic boilers

#4 Oct. 31, 2016 16:36:04

Thackie
Profile   Send e-mail  

FIT foot dragging

Thackie
hi,I am with Ecotricty the time from installation to registration was 2 weeks after submitting the required paper work.Usual time to receive FITs payments is 6- 8 weeks. I get a stateemnt from Ecotricty within 2 weks of meter reading which says payment will be made when funds are avaiable from Ofgen.So for 1st payment it took  2weeks to complete registration 3 months to first meter read then 6 weeks for payment total 20 weeks. Then its been every 12 weeks.Never had any issuses with them in 3 years A near neighbour has just signed up with them and has had similar good experiance.

Hi I am another super satisfied ecotricty customer buy and sell to them since May 2010. They evn sorted a free import/export meter when we went onto the FIT scheme.

Board footer

Moderator control