#1 June 9, 2016 22:29:23

PostHillPower
Profile   Send e-mail  

CSV format for a month

Hello all,

The example_upload.csv does not make sense to me. Can someone show me the proper format for a monthly CSV upload? I've used PVoutput so know how to edit to suit.

Thanks.

#2 June 13, 2016 11:08:26

Jamie
Profile   Send e-mail  

CSV format for a month

PostHillPower
Hello all,The example_upload.csv does not make sense to me. Can someone show me the proper format for a monthly CSV upload? I've used PVoutput so know how to edit to suit.Thanks.

Hi PostHillPower,

To use the CSV uploader, you need to format the data into a comma-separated list with four columns: URN, date, time and reading. You can choose to include these column headers at the top of the file (line 1) or you can leave them out and start your data from line 1.

URN - The ID of the system you are uploading data for
date - The date of the reading in ‘yyyy-mm-dd’ or ‘dd/mm/yyyy’ format e.g. today is ‘2016-06-13’ or ‘13/06/2016’
time - The time of the reading in ‘HH:MM’ or ‘HH:MM:SS’ format e.g. the time now is 12:08:35 or 12:08
reading - The cumulative energy generated by the system in kWh units up to the date and time specified

You can generate the file using MS Excel or similar, but you should be careful as spreadsheet software (Excel especially) has a tendency to change the date formats when you save the file, or sometimes replace commas with semi colons. To be sure, you should check the file before you upload by opening in a text editor such as Notepad++. This will enable you to look at the raw content of the file and check it conforms to the following template.

N.B A CSV file (Comma Separated Variable file, .csv extension) is just a plain text file with data separated by commas and newlines.

URN,date,time,reading
785,2016-06-13,11:40,100
785,2016-06-13,11:50,110
785,2016-06-13,12:00,120

Hope this helps, please feel free to reply if you have any questions…

Jamie

Jamie Taylor (Sheffield Solar Team)

#3 June 15, 2016 22:02:15

PostHillPower
Profile   Send e-mail  

CSV format for a month

Thanks Jamie, I've used Notepad++ to process logs for PVoutput.org so that will work.

After a few tries, I see this is the cumulative kWh for the system since install, not per day.

Cheers,
PHP

Edited PostHillPower (June 15, 2016 22:54:57)

#4 June 16, 2016 12:40:12

Jamie
Profile   Send e-mail  

CSV format for a month

PostHillPower
Thanks Jamie, I've used Notepad++ to process logs for PVoutput.org so that will work.After a few tries, I see this is the cumulative kWh for the system since install, not per day.Cheers,PHP
Sorry didn't reply in time to be useful, but just to confirm it should be the cumulative lifetime kWh generated since install as you say. This is equivalent to the reading on your generation meter, although depending on the source of the data may not match up exactly.

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie Taylor (Sheffield Solar Team)

Board footer

Moderator control