Search - User list
Full Version: Overvoltage - should I worry ?
Root » General discussion » Overvoltage - should I worry ?
SunnySouthwell
This company :- www.matt-e.co.uk

under the heading ‘Voltage Optimisation and Solar PV’ says that it can reduce my electricity consumption, day and night, and also prevent my inverter disconnecting from the grid should it produce voltage over spec.

Two questions -

How would I know if my SMA SunnyBoy had gone overvoltage ?

Has anyone investigated this voltage optimisation unit ?

Steve
URN 6390
pnews99@hotmail.co.uk
i have a voltage optimisation unit fitted it myself before i had panels fitted. it reduced my electricity use by about 7 percent . i have a samil inverter and its never gone overvoltage. Is there a historic fault record you can scroll through
SunnySouthwell
I can download User Logs from my SMA inverter, and do every month, but all I ever see logged, if anything, are ‘Waiting for DC start condition’. Nothing about overvoltage.
pnews99@hotmail.co.uk
waiting for dc start condition would be every night or snow on panels,http://en.sma-sunny.com/en/service-tip-5-no-reason-to-worry-about-message-33-or-39-during-the-winter/
the voltage optimisation unit will change the input grid voltage normally to 220 or 230 v
note there is power optimization where a unit is fitted to each cell where shading or age degrades the out put.
pnews99@hotmail.co.uk
waiting for dc start condition would be every night or snow on panels,http://en.sma-sunny.com/en/service-tip-5-no-reason-to-worry-about-message-33-or-39-during-the-winter/
the voltage optimisation unit will change the input grid voltage normally to 220 or 230 v
note there is power optimization where a unit is fitted to each cell if shading or age degrades the out put.
candida
overvoltage is something you need to take in serious you should take some measures to control this,.
just contact your local technician to discuss about the matter.
i think you can fit a voltage voltage optimization unit for your panel so that no need of any risk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.