#1 July 25, 2015 21:17:16

pnews99@hotmail.co.uk
Profile   Send e-mail  

More than one I-Boost (or equivelant) immersion heater controllers

the way most of these units work is to utilize the existing wiring so no new wiring would be required and to send a percentage of power needed ,so a larger water heater would just take longer to heat up , not sure the controls on a hot tub would cope with this

#2 July 26, 2015 08:57:28

SolarDave
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi Arbor,
so with a 5kw pv system, you could attach 2 Immersun's to heat the hot-tub and a space heater for the background heat for the house?
In term of summer use for the space heater , it does depend upon what the weather and hence temperature is like outdoors, and the thermal efficiency of the house. 4 months ago, I would not have dreamed that I would be using the solar to go to the space heater. it should have been packed away in June! but here, today, the heater is heating my house.
I have a 1948 house, so both thermal insulation - I've got the loft insulated to280mm , double glazed windows, but I will need external wall and floor insulation to get the property to anywhere neat the 2012 building regs insulation standards. another words, the house like most houses leaks out heat, and so today - windy, overcast, and supposedly a lot of rain to come later today, I still have the solar diverted to my space heater - as its not warm in the house without a jumper on! So the heater has been good in stabilising the temperature of the building , has reduced cold areas and reduced moisture turning into condensation and the dreaded mould spots,where colds areas of the house
The space heater goes off when I use say a kettle but comes back on when my use of electric is lower. ps: its starting raining! must dash to get the washing in!
ps: coming back in, its great to come back into the house and its actually warmer than outside! - the space heaters on at 0.5kw, so a background heat warming us up in July!

#3 Aug. 4, 2015 16:35:31

TerFar
Profile   Send e-mail  

arborlinden

The Solar iBoost also has dual output options and would be able to divert excess solar power to the hot tub but only when the water tank is hot as the ‘first’ output takes priority.

#4 Aug. 4, 2015 19:25:43

arborlinden
Profile   Send e-mail  

TerFar
TerFar.
one output only I'm afraid. New model IBoost+ will have two element facility I believe but a bit late for me

Edited arborlinden (Aug. 4, 2015 19:26:19)

#5 Sept. 15, 2015 20:31:13

Gary
Profile   Send e-mail  

ImmerSUN indeed has three outputs. Priority is changeable and you can either set them to work in true series - when out 1 reaches temp, out 2 turns on etc., or equal time for each. You can also cascade immerSUNs. If there is spare power when any output is running on the master, then the slave kicks in. The slave can have three outputs of course.

One point to not is that the load must be resistive, so some sort of heater element. Thermostats can be wired in and operated by the immerSUN.

Board footer

Moderator control