#1 July 31, 2015 09:08:39

SolarDave
Profile   Send e-mail  

Autoloader for web based inverter data downloads

Hi Microgen colleagues,
I know you have been asking for more detailed datasets for some research work on the performance of our systems. I have a SolarEdge inverter, and I noticed the following autoloader for this inverter and others on the community PV output website. is it worth taking to them, if you need to download the Microgen community datasets at a higher rate than one reading per month, so that the process can be automated for us, the user, so the data is downloaded each day for you?

http://pvoutput.org/help.html#autoupload

Auto Uploader

Quoted from the webpage above, “The Auto Uploader service is an online facility that automates live data uploads from multiple sources to PVOutput. The service is configured online and removes the need to run additional monitoring software on local hardware.

It can be used in conjunction with the API for combining solar, consumption and temperature data from different sources into a single view.”

“The following devices are supported by the Auto Uploader” -
•AlertMe
•Eagle
•Efergy
•EKM Meter
•Enphase
•Flukso
•SolarEdge
•TED5000
•Wattvision
•Weather
•Webbox
•Xively.

#2 July 31, 2015 09:33:33

SolarDave
Profile   Send e-mail  

mooching through the blogs on PV_Output website, here's the webpage for queries on downloading the SolarEdge and weather stats. I've not gone through the process yet, will get back to you once I've had a go.
https://getsatisfaction.com/pvoutput/topics/auto_upload_service_solaredge

#3 July 31, 2015 09:40:18

SolarDave
Profile   Send e-mail  

And here is the July 15 SolarEdge API booklet…
http://www.solaredge.com/files/pdfs/se_monitoring_api.pdf.
i'll run through and see if it makes sense to me!
also a blogger notes, “SolarEdge Cloud-Based Monitoring Platform API now allows up to 300 calls per site every day. This enables data extraction 24 hours a day at a resolution of every 5 minutes”.

Edited SolarDave (July 31, 2015 10:50:59)

#4 Aug. 1, 2015 12:38:57

SolarDave
Profile   Send e-mail  

from the Microgen FAQ section on how to upload data from inverter…

“Once you have the inverter readings, you can do one of the following to get them uploaded to the microgen database:
- Email the raw inverter file to solar@sheffield.ac.uk along with your URN and one of the Sheffield Solar team will upload them on your behalf.
- Open the file in some spreadsheet software and reformat the data such that it can be uploaded by you using the CSV uploader (see ‘How do I use the CSV uploader?’ FAQ).

”Eventually, we're hoping to develop a facility that allows you to upload the raw inverter file for most common formats and we'll do the rest."

Microgen Team- worth speaking to PV Output on how they managed to do this for a common set of inverters?

Board footer

Moderator control