#1 Nov. 4, 2015 17:45:11

Thackie
Profile   Send e-mail  

Automatic submission of data

Hi folks,
This may have been asked previously but I have not found that thread so apologies in advance if so.

A number of us who subscribe to the https://www.generaytor.com/ site have wondered if it is possible to upload our data to this site in the same way as we do to https://www.generaytor.com/

I beleive that would bring a number of new data donors most with real time meter/monitoring at a reasonable high data capture frequency for instance my on-line system captures data every 12 -60 seconds import, generation, export.
I recall that sometime ago we were asked if any of us had frquent dat capture to support a grid research project.

Your comments woul be appreciated (p.s. I know e could upload csv files)
Regards
kevin

#2 Dec. 26, 2016 18:19:48

Telegram Sam
Profile   Send e-mail  

I tried originally to get my installer to provide a device / device combination that would upload (monthly) readings automatically, but without success. Partly because at that time it was not clear exactly what brand of technology would do this. If someone could say what device(s) actually do this with a tolerable degree of accuracy I will have another go.

#3 Dec. 27, 2016 21:26:15

morrisok
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi guys,

It would need the team to expose an API to upload to, or to allow a connection to pull data from generaytor or pvoutput, I agree, it would probably bring in more doners and make life easier for us who do have a real time connection to our pv system.

I know Jamie did do some work to pull data from pvoutput for me a couple of years ago but it didn't go anywhere.

One thing, they use cumulative data where as most other systems use instantaneous readings. Not sure how much of an issue that would be, Jamie?

Kevin

Kevin

URN 131, 3.92KWp 12x 327W E20 SunPower panels Sunnyboy 4000 inverter, facing ~south, no shading issues. Location: Sussex, http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=12216

#4 Jan. 24, 2017 12:44:51

Jamie
Profile   Send e-mail  

morrisok
Hi guys,It would need the team to expose an API to upload to, or to allow a connection to pull data from generaytor or pvoutput, I agree, it would probably bring in more doners and make life easier for us who do have a real time connection to our pv system.I know Jamie did do some work to pull data from pvoutput for me a couple of years ago but it didn't go anywhere.One thing, they use cumulative data where as most other systems use instantaneous readings. Not sure how much of an issue that would be, Jamie?Kevin

When Generaytor closed down we had some discussions with the owners to see if there was any way we could buy the functionality that enabled them to automatically collect data from systems. It was decided that the number of users that would make use of the functionality (based on Generaytor's user figures) was not sufficient to justify the overhead involved for us to incorporate it into the Microgen Database site

We'd love to be able to collect readings automatically but we don't have the resource to develop the necessary software.

In theory, provided you don't mind getting a bit technical, you can automate uploading your readings by making use of the site's REST API. You'd have to write a short computer script to pre-process and upload the data, and trigger said script yourself (i.e. from your own machine), but it's doable and could satisfy some of the more nerdy users like myself. If anyone's interested, email me (solar@sheffield.ac.uk) and I can send a short Bash script as proof of concept.

Best wishes

Jamie

Jamie Taylor (Sheffield Solar Team)

#5 Feb. 1, 2017 10:50:31

SteveRogers
Profile   Send e-mail  

I use this to upload data to pvoutput from my SMA inverter via a Raspberry Pi, though the link implies Windows should also work.

https://sbfspot.codeplex.com/

Any help?

Steve
URN215

Edited SteveRogers (Feb. 1, 2017 10:50:44)

Board footer

Moderator control