October 2014 Report

October 2014 Report

We've made some improvements to the PR analysis as of this report. For more detail on the changes, check out the related post by Aldous.

The new methodology is used in the attached spreadsheet and all future spreadsheets as well the performance maps. If you'd like to see the equivalent spreadsheet using the old method, email us and we'll send you a copy.

Next entry

Previous entry

Related entries

Similar entries

Comments

1. Alan Wordsworth

Alan Wordsworth on 03/12/2014 6:17 p.m. #

Hi Jamie,
    At first sight the revised PRs for my installation (URN6133, azimuth 280, incl 40 ) ,average PR about 90% look vastly more believable than the previous 120% +
    Well done! Slight problem, I am unable to obtain PRs from XL spreadsheet. Possibly
    my incompetence. Regards, Alan

2. Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor on 04/12/2014 8:52 a.m. #

Hi Alan,
    Thanks for the positive feedback.
    Are you able to download it okay? The PRs are in a separate sheet called PR. If you're opening in software other than excel, there's likely to be a lot of formatting issues, but you should still be able to access the PR results.
    Email us (solar@sheffield.ac.uk) if you're still having issues.
    Regards,
    Jamie

p.s. if you just wanted to access your raw results, you could use the 'Download my Report' button on the My PV page. Bear in mind though that currently only the last two years of monthly results have been updated to the new method. Results older than that will be updated soon (once we're confident the new site is stable).

3. Andrew Clark

Andrew Clark on 10/12/2014 11:40 p.m. #

Is there a reason Northern Ireland is excluded from your maps? I have tried registering the post codes of my two systems in Northern Ireland and get a server error.

4. Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor on 12/12/2014 12:02 p.m. #

Hi Andrew,
    NI isn't excluded, we just don't have any systems there yet! The performance analysis is still very much valid in NI though so we'd be grateful of your systems.
    Thanks for bringing our attention to the server error, Julian's fixed this so you should now be able to add your systems.
    Regards,
    Jamie