June 2015 Quarterly Report

June 2015 Quarterly Report

Here's the June 2015 spreadsheet report and regional quarterly yield map.

From now on the spreadsheet reports will be published quarterly to free up some staff time to spend on analysis and website development. I've made some changes to the spreadsheet such that it now includes the last 15 months of data so that year-on-year comparisons are still possible for the months in between reports. I've also updated the year-on-year comparison graph to use quarterly statistics rather than monthly. If anyone spots any errors or mistakes please let me know in the comments.

Next entry

Previous entry

Related entries

Similar entries

Comments

1. Ian Smith

Ian Smith on 31/07/2015 10:31 a.m. #

June 2016 report....

2. Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor on 31/07/2015 10:34 a.m. #

Thanks Ian, good spot...

Corrected 2016 -> 2015.

Jamie (Sheffield Solar Team)

3. Steve Rogers

Steve Rogers on 29/09/2015 2:45 p.m. #

URN 7053 is skewing the maps with seemingly very high outputs. What is this system and do you believe the figures?

4. Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor on 01/10/2015 10:17 a.m. #

Hi Steve,

This is a recurring problem. Some systems can skew the map colouring if their values are outliers with respect to all other systems. In the case of raw generation there's not much I can do as this map will always be skewed by the very large capacity systems.
    The outliers on the maps of 'generation per kWp' or 'generation per m^2' are most commonly caused by users entering erroneous system information. I try to remove the outliers using a filtering process that takes place at the end of each report run, but this is far from perfect (see http://www.microgen-database.org.uk/forum/topic/53/). When I get chance I'm going to implement some new website code to ensure the colour range is always capped at a reasonable value.

Jamie

5. Stuart Smith

Stuart Smith on 06/01/2016 5:35 p.m. #

Hi Jamie
    i see i have no coloured dot for the map for URN 6756 for October having definitely given a reading. This seems to happen particularly if i give a late reading
    regards
    Stuart Smith

6. Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor on 06/01/2016 5:51 p.m. #

Hi Stuart,

When did you submit your reading? I've run quite a few reports since October, the latest of which was Monday this week, that should have recalculated all results for 2015 (up to November as December weather data not released yet).
    I've just re-run the analysis now for your system and it's updated the October result successfully.

Kind regards

Jamie

7. Jamie Taylor

Jamie Taylor on 06/01/2016 6:05 p.m. #

Hi Stuart,

You'll notice now that in October yours shows as blue dot/house on the map and says "Anomalous Data" in the popup. This is because your generation per kWp falls just outside of the outlier limit which is determined by the 75th percentile (a.k.a "upper quartile") plus 1.5 times the interquartile range (FYI, these are know as the Tukey outlier limits, typically used as the whiskers on a box plot). I think this is a sign that the outlier limit is set a little too strictly, since I think your generation per kWp in October is high but realistic. I'll relax the outlier limits...

Regards

Jamie